Obtaining Turkish Citizenship by Buying a House
OBTAINING TURKISH CITIZENSHIP BY BUYING A HOUSE WORTH 400,000 USD
106th Turkish Presidential Order dated 18 September 2018 has introduced new and important changes to the Regulation on the Application of Turkish Citizenship Law. As per this newly introduced law, foreigners who purchase a real estate worth at least 400,000 USD in Turkey may now apply for Turkish citizenship.
However, besides buying a house worth at least 400,000 USD, there are some other conditions for applying for Turkish citizenship:
- The applicant must guarantee in writing that he/she will not sell the real estate for at least 3 years.
- The real estate’s value must be worth at least 400,000 USD per each applicant and assessed by a specially-licensed surveyor.
- The price of the real estate must be paid and documented in a specific way.
- The real estate’s value and eligibility must be approved by the Land Registry General Directorate.
- The applicant must get a special residence permit before applying for citizenship.
- Other required documents must be duly procured.
Applying for Turkis.h citizenship is a complicated process and should be duly handled by an attorney at law who specializes in immigration and citizenship law. Turkey Lawyer Baris Erkan Celebi offers legal services to foreigners for Turkis.h citizenship and residence permit applications. These services include having a licensed expert issue a survey report the real estate, being present during the real estate transaction and accompanying the land registration process, assisting with translations, advising on the real estate in terms of securely purchasing the property without any encumbrance in the deed, applying for and obtaining residence permit, overseeing the payment so that it complies with the requirements of the Turkish citizenship application, registering the guarantee in the land registry, applying for and obtaining a letter of approval and eligibility from Land Registry General Directorate, procuring the required documents and applying to the Office of Citizenship for Turkish citizenship.